16 February 2007

Craft Saturday

Craft Saturday is a bimonthly indie craft fair held in Des Moines that was started by Joe and I a few months ago. We had our first event in December and our second one this past Saturday. There are more and more people who are approaching us about selling their awesome handmade items and I can't even describe how excited I am about it! One of the reasons why I knew I would miss Chicago when I moved back here was that they had so many craft fair options to choose from and in central Iowa there were none. So Joe and I took a chance and quickly organized our first event just before the holidays. It was an incredible success and showed us that people here were definitely in need of a modern craft fair event. I am hoping the success continues to grow as I am thankful to have met so many awesome local crafters and craft supporters. Two of my favorite items (that I received in trades) from the last event are from two crafty ladies who each have their own business but share a booth and call themselves Bedhead Bazaar. single wallet made from awesome vintage fabric by Kris of Fern + Jane:

vintage photo Valentine card by Cori of Original Tilly

No comments: